NATIONWIDE EXTENDED LIMITED WARRANTY
FOR MANUAL TRANSMISSION
AND TRANSFER CASES
We offer three optional EXTENDED WARRANTIES. The additional cost is minimal, considering the additional coverage and peace of mind you will have if a problem occurs with your transmission or transfer case. Ask your sales professional for prices for each plan, as they could differ, as to the type of unit you are purchasing.
- SILVER WARRANTY - 6 MONTHS UNLIMITED - $129.00
This will give an extra Six (6) months unlimited mileage on top of our standard warranty. That right eighteen (18) months and it applies to light duty to medium duty vehicles.
- GOLD WARRANTY - 12 MONTHS UNLIMITED - $229.00
This will give an extra One (1) year unlimited mileage on top of our standard warranty. Yes this means two (2) year and it applies to light duty to medium duty vehicles.
- PLATINUM WARRANTY - 12 MONTHS UNLIMITED - $349.00
This is for all the hard working ¾ ton and up work trucks. We are offering an extra One (1) year unlimited mileage on top of our standard warranty. Ok not One (1) but Two (2) years, 24 months of unlimited mileage warranty.
Failure to comply with the requirements shall terminate this warranty.
- The vehicle manufacturer’s maintenance must be adhered to (fluid changes, etc.). These services are the vehicle owner’s financial responsibility. You may be required to furnish proof of these services when filing a claim.
- Prior authorization is required before any warranty work is preformed.
- All requests for labor reimbursement must be submitted to Man-Trans within 30 days of the initiation of the warranty claim.
- Without exception, All alleged defective parts must be returned to Man-Trans, or no warranty claim for the repair / replacement of said parts will be honored.
IMPORTANT WARRANTY INFORMATION
- This is not a guarantee against all hazards or failures. This warranty covers manufacturing defects. Damage resulting from abuse, neglect, or malfunctioning vehicle components OTHER than parts supplied by Man-Trans shall not be covered by this warranty; and immediately terminates the remainder of this warranty, including any warranty on subsequent replacements. Damage to a manual transmission or transfer case caused by, among other things, lack of or improper type of lubricant, differentials, drive shafts, axles, clutch components, pilot bearing (s), or crankshaft thrust bearings constitutes abuse or neglect.
- This warranty does not cover rental cars, towing, meals, lost wages, fluids, lodging, or any other expense incurred due to loss of use of a vehicle- Man-Trans shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages, including any item(s) potentially damaged should the product fail; such as flywheel, pilot bearings, clutch components, etc.
- Authorized repair to or replacement of the original product does not extend the warranty. The original warranty period is from the original invoice date, effective when the product was first sold, shall apply.
EXTENDED WARRANTY PERIOD
- The Extended Warranty period begins at the expiration of the original “Man-Trans Limited Warranty” shown on front of this Extended Warranty and expires according to the Term Selected.
EXTENDED WARRANTY COVERAGE
- In the event of a Mechanical Breakdown of a covered part, we agree to make repairs or replace a covered part, subject to the terms, condition and limitations herein. Mechanical Breakdown means: The failure of a covered part due to workmanship or materials supplied by the original manufacturer, distributor or Man-Trans. A covered part has failed when it can no longer perform the function it was designed solely because of its condition and not because of the action, inaction or failure of any non-covered parts.
COMPONENT COVERAGE TRANSMISSION, TRANSAXLE, TRANSFER CASES
- Transmission, transaxle, transfer cases and all internally lubricated parts including ring and pinion gears; oil pump, cover, gears, housing and pans; roll pins, springs, sprockets, chain, and shafts. Blockers, synchronizer hubs and keys, bearings, bushings, extension housing, speedometer drive gears, all internal fasteners, nuts and bolts, shift cover and forks, bell housing, seals and gaskets.
EXTERNAL COMPONENTS, STANDARD TRANSMISION CLUTCH ASSEMBLIES AND ALL RELATED COMPONETS ARE NOT COVERED. TRANSFER OF EXTENDED WARRANTY
You may transfer this Extended Warranty to another owner but not to another vehicle. To transfer you must mail the following two (2) items to Man-Trans within 30 days of transfer of vehicle ownership.
- A letter containing the name and address of the new owner and YOUR authorization to transfer.
- Legible copies of the Warranty sign off sheet with new owner signature.
- A check for $40.00 payable in U.S. funds to Man-Trans, for transfer fee.
This Extended Warranty may not be transferred to any entity in the business of selling or leasing vehicles.
CANCELLATION OF EXTENDED WARRANTY
- You may cancel this Extended Warranty at any time. To cancel you must return this Extended Warranty to Man-Trans and provide a letter signed by YOU requesting cancellation that includes the date of cancellation. If cancel during the first 60 days, 100 percent refund of the plan amount will be made less a $50.00 administration fee. After 60 days, a pro-rata refund will be made base upon the greater of time expired, less a $50.00 administration fee. This Extended Warranty contract is non-cancelable by Man-trans except for fraud, material misrepresentation, or failure to pay plan amount.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
- When repairs are required, you must Contact Man-Trans LLC at 1-877-626-8726 during normal business hours to receive instructions. If you do not follow our instructions, we are not obligated to reimburse you or the cost of any repairs. Authorization must be obtained from Man-Trans prior to having your vehicle repaired. We reserve the right to inspect any vehicle before authorization of any repairs. In order to make a claim under this Extended Warranty you must:
- Have your vehicle serviced according to the maintenance schedule provided in the Manufacturer’s Owners Manual. You must keep original copies of all repair orders; invoices and receipts from performed services and maintenance and present all copies at the time a claim is made.
- Use all means to protect your vehicle from further damage in the event of a Mechanical Breakdown. Without limiting this general rule, specifically you must stop the vehicle immediately and have it repaired before driving it further.
- Provide “ Removal authorization” when requested by Man-Trans, so it can be returned for accurate Diagnosis and estimate of repairs. We will cover the return shipping. Upon our diagnosis and it is deemed a Mechanical Breakdown, We will repair or replace, and cover all shipping. If deemed a Non-Mechanical Breakdown, we will provide estimate of repairs along with shipping charges.
- In the event of an emergency situation that occurs and Man-Trans cannot be reached with in a 48 hour time period. The Extended Warranty Holder can proceed with repair, but payment will be in accordance with the other provisions of the Extended Warranty contract.
- Submit a claim for reimbursement to Man-Trans along with all required documents within 30 days of authorization;
- Retain all replaced parts until YOUR claim is settled, as YOU may be required to submit these parts for inspection
- Failure to comply with the responsibilities outlined above may result in the denial of YOUR claim. If YOU have any questions, please contact Man-Trans.
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE
- Any loss, damage or expense caused by accidents, any alteration to the vehicle or the part, use of oversized tires or wheels, alteration to the vehicle not authorized by it manufacturer, the failure of any part not covered by this Extended Warranty contract accidental loss.
- Any Mechanical Breakdown caused by accidents, collision, upset damage, falling objects, theft, larceny, explosion, lightning, earthquakes, fire, windstorms, hail, water, floods, subfreezing temperature, malicious mischief, vandalism, civil commotion, riots, wars;
- The repair or replacement of a covered part by any manufacturer’s warranty or any other coverage or other reason the manufacturer, importer, distributor, seller or repairer of the vehicle will repair or replace the part at its expense or at reduced cost;
- Any invoice presented to Man-Trans for services not preformed as described at the time of authorization.
- Any claim if your vehicle is used for competitive driving or racing, police or emergency service, rental purposes towing a trailer or another vehicle unless your vehicle is equipped for this as recommended by the manufacturer;
- Any Mechanical Breakdown caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, improper towing, lack of maintenance;
- Any Mechanical Break down caused by contamination, overheating, lack of lubricant, lack of oil viscosity, sludge, restricted oil flow, salt, rust and rust damage, environmental damage, chemicals;
- The need to repair or replace a covered part arising or resulting from the use of your vehicle outside of the United States, its territories or possessions or Canada;
- Hazardous waste disposal charges, storage or freight charges, adjustment; shop supplies, core charges, and correction of rattles/squeaks/wind noise/odors/water leaks;
- Any consequential, secondary damages or unreasonable cost that you may suffer as a result of the need to repair or replace a part, work such as front-end alignment;
- Liability for damage to property, injury to or death of any person arising out of the operation, maintenance or use of your vehicle whether or not related to the covered parts;
- Any of the following parts: cables, linkage, mounts, external electronic components, transmission clutch assemblies and all related components;
- Any personal expenses arising because your vehicle is not available for you to use;
- Any Mechanical Breakdown which existed or was caused by a condition known to you or prior to the Extended Warranty contract issue date:
FLAT RATE REIMBUSEMENT FOR R&R OF A UNIT
- Foreign & Domestic RWD/2WD $ 85.00
- Foreign & Domestic FWD/2WD $ 140.00
- Foreign & Domestic 4WD/AWD $ 140.00
- Transfer Cases (ALL) $ 80.00
- NV5600/ZF 6SPD/ Spicer & Clarks $ 195.00
For approved claims, we will reimburse according to the flat rate schedule. Any labor reimbursement will be credited to the owner of the Extended Warranty Contract only. No labor will be paid for diagnostic time, or for miss-diagnostic or unauthorized repairs. Any transaction that results in a refund of the purchase price is not eligible for labor.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
- The aggregate total of all benefits paid or payable during the term of this Extended Warranty Contract shall not exceed $1000.00 on the Silver plan, $2000.00 on the Gold plan, and $3000.00 on the Platinum plan. We assume no other obligation or responsibility with regards to the vehicle. We neither assume nor authorize anyone to assume for us, any additional liability.
- The terms and conditions outlined above are the full and complete agreement between the parties. The purchaser should not rely upon oral representation or statement. This contract will be governed by the state in which it is sold. No amendment supplement, or waiver of any provision of the contract will be binding against us unless it is in writing and signed by one of the authorized representatives of our home office. We may delegate the performance or duties and obligation and assign our rights and benefits hereunder. Our right to recover payment: If we make any payment under this contract and you have the right to recover against another party, your rights shall become our rights and you shall do whatever is necessary to enable us to enforce these rights. Our subrogation rights become effective after you are made whole.